Since 1965, Cummings, McClorey, Davis & Acho, P.L.C. (CMDA) has represented municipalities – counties, cities, townships, and villages – and their employees. Such representation extends to municipality-created divisions, commissions, departments, boards, and authorities. Courts and judges, judicial councils, community colleges, county road commissions, public school systems, public libraries, and risk management pools are also among CMDA’s municipal clients.
Municipal Law Overview
- Donut Gate Scandal Closes – Court of Appeals Dismisses Judge’s Lawsuit Against Lapeer County and its Officials
- Court of Appeals Reaffirms Public Bodies are Under No Obligation to Monitor FOIA Requests Once Denied
- Legal Update: Implications of the Recently Enacted Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act on Municipalities
- Attorney’s “FSLA Final Rule and its Impact on the Government Employer” Article Featured in MIPRIMA Publication
- 2015 Year in Review: Monumental Milestone Recognized, Skilled Attorneys Hired, and Remarkable Anniversaries Celebrated
- Should Michigan Employers “Ban the Box” and Remove the Criminal Conviction Question from Applications?
- Public and Private Employers Subject to 50 Employee Threshold Under the FMLA: Does Unconditional Language in Employee Manual Create a Jury Question?