Patents, trademarks and copyrights are a few of the most valuable assets of a business, but evaluating and protecting those assets can be extremely complex. At Cummings, McClorey, Davis & Acho, P.L.C., patent, trademark and copyright law is a key part of our intellectual practice. Our lawyers apply a pragmatic business approach to each client’s matters to obtain results consistent with client business needs.
Our clients include individuals, corporations, utilities, educational institutions, record labels, publishing companies, and artists. CMDA has extensive experience providing advice relating to validity and infringement of marks and registration as well as offering the capability to protect trademarks in litigation and prosecution before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Other services include:
- Registering trademarks and copyrights,
- Negotiating and preparing licenses, assignments, security interests and other agreements for inventions, designs, trademarks and copyrights,
- Litigating and prosecuting all intellectual property rights,
- Performing trademark and copyright audits,
- Assist in naming products and services, and
- Due diligence in commercial transactions of all kinds.
Attorneys in our intellectual property practice group understand and appreciate the importance of patents for commercial success. Patents are valuable assets, and he is committed to protecting them for our clients.
CMDA strives to provide clients with the strongest and broadest intellectual property protection. Our attorneys provide clients a full range of patent law services, including:
- Preparing and negotiating patent licenses,
- Preparing, filing, and prosecuting United States and international patent applications,
- Researching and writing opinion letters on patent issues,
- Preparing concise, effective patent claims,
- Conducting due diligence investigations of patent portfolios,
- Litigating patent disputes in court, on appeal, or in arbitration,
- Writing and answering cease and desist letters, and
- Working closely with clients on invention disclosures and records of invention.
Developing and implementing a suitable intellectual property strategy is critical to the growth of a business. Regardless if a client’s innovative idea is big or small, it is important to have a trustworthy attorney with the knowledge and skill necessary to protect the idea. Patent law is national in scope and is not state or county regulated. By its very nature, it encompasses the entire country, which is important in that the protection a client is seeking for their invention will also be national in scope. Therefore, a patent law attorney does not need to be admitted to practice law in the same state as the individual or business entity that is seeking patent law services.