Attorneys at Cummings, McClorey, Davis & Acho, P.L.C. (CMDA) regularly and vigorously defend governmental entities in individual and group grievance arbitrations. Our Firm is committed to assisting clients during the internal processing of grievances and prior to the hearing stage. Our goal is to promote cooperative labor management relations while preserving economic resources through facilitative mediation. We have attorneys certified under the Michigan Supreme Court’s Mediator Training Program who employ their skills in this area.
- Cautionary Tale – Employee’s Profanity Laced Facebook Post is Protected Activity in a Recent Federal Court Decision
- Attorney’s “FSLA Final Rule and its Impact on the Government Employer” Article Featured in MIPRIMA Publication
- 2015 Year in Review: Monumental Milestone Recognized, Skilled Attorneys Hired, and Remarkable Anniversaries Celebrated
- Should Michigan Employers “Ban the Box” and Remove the Criminal Conviction Question from Applications?
- Telecommuting May Not be a Reasonable Accommodation Under the ADA if On-Site Attendance is an Essential Function of the Position
- Public and Private Employers Subject to 50 Employee Threshold Under the FMLA: Does Unconditional Language in Employee Manual Create a Jury Question?
- Google Glass: Use of wearable technology in the workplace creates the need for updated workplace policies