Our Firm’s positive representation of clients in federal and state civil rights charges before the Equal Employment and Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Michigan Department of Civil Rights (MDCR) gives our lawyers the ability to respond rapidly to the particular needs of employers. Issues handled by attorneys at Cummings, McClorey, Davis & Acho, P.L.C. (CMDA) include sex, race, age, religious, ethnic, and disability discrimination/ harassment under the Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act. Additionally, CMDA represents clients at the state level on Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights claims and Persons with Disabilities Act claims.
EEOC and MDCR Charges
- Cautionary Tale – Employee’s Profanity Laced Facebook Post is Protected Activity in a Recent Federal Court Decision
- Attorney’s “FSLA Final Rule and its Impact on the Government Employer” Article Featured in MIPRIMA Publication
- 2015 Year in Review: Monumental Milestone Recognized, Skilled Attorneys Hired, and Remarkable Anniversaries Celebrated
- Should Michigan Employers “Ban the Box” and Remove the Criminal Conviction Question from Applications?
- Telecommuting May Not be a Reasonable Accommodation Under the ADA if On-Site Attendance is an Essential Function of the Position
- Public and Private Employers Subject to 50 Employee Threshold Under the FMLA: Does Unconditional Language in Employee Manual Create a Jury Question?
- Google Glass: Use of wearable technology in the workplace creates the need for updated workplace policies