Attorney Joseph M. Ramirez Obtains Summary Judgment in Federal Court
United States District Court Judge Douglas Harpool granted Summary Judgment in a case handled by attorney Joseph Ramirez. The case was based on allegations of 42 U.S.C. §1983 civil conspiracy claims arising from an alleged unlawful arrest, unlawful search and seizure, unlawful use of excessive force, unlawful imprisonment, and excessive bail.
Plaintiff alleged her injuries involved three Sheriff Deputies’ conspiracy to commit constitutional rights violations against her through alleged acts and omissions during the routine service of an Ex Parte Order.
Mr. Ramirez’s attention to detail, superior analysis, and vigorous advocacy on behalf of his clients led to the Court ruling that Plaintiff’s claims were barred by the doctrine of qualified immunity. The Court granted summary judgment in favor of the defense against all of Plaintiff’s claims and dismissed the case in its entirety.
Joseph M. Ramirez is an attorney in our Kansas City office where he concentrates his practice on business law, municipal law, insurance defense, and litigation. He writes briefs for submission to all levels of state and federal courts, argues cases in all levels of state and federal courts of appeals, and performs research for all areas of law handled by the Firm. He may be reached at (816) 842-1880 or email@example.com.
- Paletta and Cervantes Present at MPR Annual Fall Conference
- Gene Richards Named to 2024 DBusiness Magazine’s List of Top Lawyers
- Impact Michigan House Bill 5028 May Have on Community Associations in Determining the Best Policies for their Residents
- Attorneys Paletta and Gillen Serve on SAHA Legal Panel
- Partner Joshua Cervantes Returns to CMDA