Senate Task Force Report on Federal Regulation of Higher Education
The Senate Task Force on Federal Regulation of Higher Education recently released a report entitled “Recalibrating Regulation of Colleges and Universities” in which the Task Force stated that “oversight of higher education by the Department of Education has expanded and evolved in ways that undermine the ability of colleges and universities to serve students and accomplish their missions.” The Task Force includes a bipartisan group of U.S. senators, working with college and university presidents, focusing on three goals: (1) Summarizing the increasing burden of federal regulation on higher education; (2) Identifying regulations of particular concern to institutions of higher education, explaining why they are problematic, and recommending changes to ameliorate them; and (3) Offering longer-term process improvements that would minimize similar concerns about regulations in the future.
- Carol Smith Named to MiLW Class of 2024 Up & Coming Lawyers
- Jim Acho, Gary Klein Obtain $780,000 Settlement for Client in Employment Case
- The Impact of Michigan’s Right-to-Work Repeal
- Jim Acho and CMDA congratulate client Randy Gradishar on his election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Jeff Rock Recipient of Michigan Lawyers Weekly Unsung Legal Hero Award