The Utility Law practice group at Cummings, McClorey, Davis & Acho, P.L.C. (CMDA) provides litigation, regulatory compliance, and counseling to public and private electric, gas, water, and sewer utilities and to large utility service users.
Our Firm’s history of representing utilities has yielded experience in a vast range of business concerns–among them, corporate, real estate, finance, litigation, and labor issues, and government and legislative relations. This experience is increasingly relied upon by the firm’s utility and general business clients.
Services provided by the Utility Law group include:
- Representing municipal and public service district clients in water and wastewater regulatory matters
- Representing industrial, manufacturing, governmental and commercial end-users of electricity, gas, water, sewer and other utility services in regulatory litigation before state public utility/service commissions and appellate courts
- Providing advice and counsel to individual large users in contract or service agreement negotiation and quality of service disputes involving the utility providers of such services
- Representing and counseling large users with respect to energy efficiency and demand response
- Representing utilities and competitive providers of energy and communications services before state commissions, focusing on due diligence and regulatory compliance and, as necessary, litigation, including acquisitions, transfers of permits, and complaint defense
CMDA’s objective is to assist clients in anticipating and meeting their business needs as they are affected by utility services and regulations. We provide our clients with accurate and timely assessments of emerging state and national energy developments and trends. If necessary, our attorneys will vigorously and zealously represent our clients’ best interests in litigation.