Insurance Defense Attorney Carol Smith joins Firm
Please join us in welcoming Carol A. Smith to the Firm. She has joined CMDA as an attorney in the Firm’s Livonia office.
Ms. Smith focuses her practice on insurance defense matters. She has considerable litigation and trial experience representing clients in third-party auto claims, as well as first-party no-fault and uninsured motorist claims. Additionally, she advises clients on numerous areas of law, including insurance coverage, general liability, personal injury protection (PIP), and bodily injury claims.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Ms. Smith was a paralegal for five years during which time she gained valuable legal knowledge and experience that she used as a stepping stone to becoming a practicing lawyer. She worked full-time as a paralegal during the day and attended law school full time in the evenings. Despite the busy schedule, she managed to maintain the honor roll and dean’s list every term, received several book awards, and graduated cum laude. She has transferred this hard work and dedication to her legal practice.
Ms. Smith is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, Oakland County Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, and Michigan Defense Trial Counsel. She earned a Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from Thomas M. Cooley Law School and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Oakland University.
She may be reached at (734) 261-2400 or email@example.com.
- Carol Smith Named to MiLW Class of 2024 Up & Coming Lawyers
- Jim Acho, Gary Klein Obtain $780,000 Settlement for Client in Employment Case
- The Impact of Michigan’s Right-to-Work Repeal
- Jim Acho and CMDA congratulate client Randy Gradishar on his election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Jeff Rock Recipient of Michigan Lawyers Weekly Unsung Legal Hero Award