Cross Wins Dismissal for Municipality in Marijuana Case
Matthew Cross, a partner in CMDA’s Traverse City office, recently defended a Southeast Michigan municipality against a lawsuit filed by an applicant who was unsuccessful in obtaining a license to sell marijuana in the municipality.
The Court granted summary disposition on Plaintiff’s claims under the Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act and the Open Meetings Act, dismissing the case in its entirety.
Mr. Cross focuses his practice in the areas of insurance defense litigation, law enforcement defense and litigation, and municipal law. He has experience handling employment law, personal injury defense, marijuana licensing litigation, and other municipal issues and has earned dismissals in each of these areas. He may be reached at (231) 922-1888 or email@example.com.
- Carol Smith Named to MiLW Class of 2024 Up & Coming Lawyers
- Jim Acho, Gary Klein Obtain $780,000 Settlement for Client in Employment Case
- The Impact of Michigan’s Right-to-Work Repeal
- Jim Acho and CMDA congratulate client Randy Gradishar on his election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Jeff Rock Recipient of Michigan Lawyers Weekly Unsung Legal Hero Award