CMDA Wins MSD for Utility Client
CMDA is pleased to announce that on behalf of our client, a large Michigan utility company, the Firm received an order from the Court of Appeals affirming summary disposition in defendant’s favor in a negligence action arising from the electrocution of plaintiff that occurred while he was power-washing a home for a customer.
CMDA Partners Robert Blamer and Shane Nolan represented the utility company in this case, as well as Doug Curlew who handled the appeal.
This is the second time this case was sent to the Court of Appeals. In the first hearing, the Court remanded for reconsideration by the trial court. A second appeal by the plaintiff resulted in an opinion by the Court of Appeals affirming summary disposition in favor of CMDA’s client.
- Paletta and Cervantes Present at MPR Annual Fall Conference
- Gene Richards Named to 2024 DBusiness Magazine’s List of Top Lawyers
- Impact Michigan House Bill 5028 May Have on Community Associations in Determining the Best Policies for their Residents
- Attorneys Paletta and Gillen Serve on SAHA Legal Panel
- Partner Joshua Cervantes Returns to CMDA