Acho Secures Nominations for NFLPA Executive Position
Congratulations to Jim Acho who secured the necessary nominations to appear on the ballot for NFL Players Association (NFLPA) executive director position. He will make a one-hour presentation at the union’s annual meeting on March 14, and the 32 player reps will elect an executive director the next day.
His platform includes long-term health-care benefits for all players after they retire until they are eligible for Medicare, the elimination of organized team activities, mandatory 100% spending of the salary cap, and a three-year maximum on rookie contracts in exchange for an 18-game season with four exhibition games.
Mr. Acho was pleased to get the required nominations because it justified “the faith that the retired players had in me to nominate me” to run. Everyone at CMDA wishes Jim the best of luck on achieving his goal of becoming the next NFLPA executive director.
- Carol Smith Named to MiLW Class of 2024 Up & Coming Lawyers
- Jim Acho, Gary Klein Obtain $780,000 Settlement for Client in Employment Case
- The Impact of Michigan’s Right-to-Work Repeal
- Jim Acho and CMDA congratulate client Randy Gradishar on his election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Jeff Rock Recipient of Michigan Lawyers Weekly Unsung Legal Hero Award