Civil Litigation Associate- Traverse City
CMDA is seeking a civil litigation associate with a minimum requirement of three years of civil litigation experience to assist with an active trial docket and to help grow its Traverse City office. This Firm practices in the areas of insurance defense litigation, municipal law and employment law.
Qualifications should include the following:
- Licensed in Michigan
- 3+ years of civil litigation experience
- Some prior jury trial experience strongly preferred
- Independently handling of an active caseload
- Having regular written and verbal communications with clients, witnesses and opposing counsel
- Taking and defending depositions (parties, experts, etc.)
- Preparing and arguing motions for summary judgment and other types of dispositive and procedural motions in both state and federal courts
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills
Attorneys joining the Firm will have opportunities to work on a variety of cases and projects, as well as participate in and handle trials in state and federal courts, depositions, motion and discovery practice and be responsible for regular client communications.
The Firm offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time