Civil Litigation Associate- Livonia
CMDA is seeking a civil litigation associate with 2-3 years of experience to assist in our Livonia office. CMDA practices in the areas of insurance defense litigation, municipal law, and employment law.
Qualifications should include the following:
- Licensed in Michigan
- 2-3 years of practical litigation experience
- Some prior jury trial experience preferred
- Independently handling of an active caseload
- Having regular written and verbal communications with clients, witnesses and opposing counsel
- Taking and defending depositions (parties, experts, etc.)
- Preparing and arguing motions for summary judgment and other types of dispositive and procedural motions in both state and federal courts
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Strong communication skills
Attorneys joining CMDA will have opportunities to work on a variety of cases and projects, as well as participate in and handle trials in state and federal courts, depositions, motion and discovery practice, and be responsible for regular client communications.
The Firm offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation commensurate with experience.