Civil Litigation Associate- Kansas City, MO
CMDA is seeking a civil litigation associate with at least six years of experience to assist with an active trial docket and to help continue to grow our Kansas City, Missouri office. CMDA practices in the areas of insurance defense litigation, business litigation, municipal law, and employment law.
Qualifications should include the following:
- Licensed in Missouri and/or Kansas
- 6+ years of practical civil litigation experience
- Some prior civil jury trial experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience:
- Independently handling an active caseload
- Having regular written and verbal communications with clients, witnesses and opposing counsel
- Taking and defending depositions (parties, experts, etc.)
- Preparing and arguing motions for summary judgment and other types of dispositive and procedural motions in both state and federal courts
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Strong communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Attorneys joining CMDA will have opportunities to work on a variety of cases and projects, as well as participate in and handle jury/bench trials in state and federal courts, depositions, motion and discovery practice, appellate practice, and be responsible for regular client communications. CMDA offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter, resume and writing samples to Anna Ventimiglia to be reviewed.